"We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.”
― Ellen Goodman
Happy New Year, my loves! I was going to post an unboxing today but I wanted to share my makeup look from last night, and to thank you for all of your support..
The Makeup Affair has grown so much since I've started and I owe it all to you! The support, the comments, likes, follows... Every time I hear, "I bought this product because of you and I love it."... It's the simple things but it makes me so happy and thankful. Seeing your recreations of any looks I do, just all the interactions with you guys.. I could go on and on but I just can't say how much I love and appreciate you all.
This year I hope to do more giveaways, just to really give back as much as I can. Things have picked up a lot this year, I've been getting so much recognition from incredible companies and I have SO much planned for 2015.. I can't wait! Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. For reading this blog, for all the kind words, messages, emails, comments, photos... You are amazing.
Here is my look from last night! I started off wanting to do a colorful, but very wearable look... And ended up going very dramatic and totally different from anything I've done before. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and try different techniques and looks, and I absolutely love how this turned out!
- Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1C1 Cool Bone
- Concealer: MAC's Pro Longwear in NW15 - I used it to highlight under my eyes, as well as the bridge of my nose, and a little bit on my chin to brighten those areas. You'd typically highlight a little on your forehead as well but I usually don't because mine is so big, I don't want to accentuate it at all! :)
- Under-Eye Setting Powder: Anastasia's Contour Kit, the lightest shade - on all areas I highlighted as well to set that concealer
- Contour: Maybelline's Fit Me Stick in Coconut (355) as a cream base (blended out with beauty blender), this helps it last all night! Over top, I went in with Fawn from the Anastasia Contour Kit - on temples, below my cheekbones, underneath my jawline as well as contoured my nose. * My trick when using the cream base for a contour first, I will apply a translucent setting powder over those areas. Sometimes if you apply your contour powder over top while the cream is still drying, it will end up very patchy. A translucent setting powder first helps you to blend over that seamlessly.
- Blush: I mixed NARS Dolce Vita with NYC's Bronzer in Sunny
1st - MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly
2nd - Apply Makeup Geek's Beaches & Cream as a transition shade into the crease
3rd - From the Urban Decay Electric Palette, take Urban and a tiny bit of Jilted and blend into the crease
4th - Makeup Geeks Peach Smoothie to blend any harsh lines, I blended this almost all the way up to my brow bone. Keep adding more peach smoothie and this adds that gorgeous pink-ish faded effect.
5th - From the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette, take the bottom right definer shade (a dupe for MAC's Blue Brown Pigment) and pack that onto the lids, for an extra pop of pigmentation apply MAC Fix + or eye drops to your brush and mix with the eyeshadow.
6th - Optional, if you want this look more wearable I'd skip this part - Mix Makeup Geek's Bitten and Urban Decay's Fringe with a fluffy blending brush and apply that on the inner corner, right under your brow bone to the bridge of your nose. This gives that messy, almost bruised look on the inner half of my eye.
7th - Apply winged liner, extend inner corner as well for that sexy cat-eye effect. I used Wet N Wild's Liquid Eyeliner in Black
8th - Line Tightline & Waterline with Maybelline's Master Drama pencil in Midnight Master.
9th - Fringe smudged out on the lower lash line
10th - Apply your favorite mascara. I used Smashbox's Full Exposure!
11th - Your favorite false lashes! I didn't have many pairs at my boyfriends house, I would have applied something more dramatic but I used Kiss's EZ Lashes in 11 (available at the drugstore!).
- Brows: Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Taupe and Maybelline's Gel Liner in brown with an angled brush (this is a dupe for the Anastasia Dip Brow! The formula is almost the same, but there is only one shade of brown) Set them with the Billion Dollar Brows Clear brow gel.
- Lips: Urban Decay's 24/7 Lip Liner in Naked completely filled in with Maybelline's Daringly Nude Matte lipstick over top. If you want the lips even more dramatic, apply the top right shade from the Comfort Zone Palette over top! It adds a cool-toned grey-ish metallic feel to the lips.
- Set entire face with ELF's Mist & Set Setting Spray
I didn't get to take step-by-step photos because we had a few places to go and I just didn't have the time but I hope this was helpful if you want to recreate this look! Please, if you do tag me in your photos and hashtag #themakeupaffair! I absolutely LOVE seeing your work!!!
I hope you all had an amazing, but safe, New Years! If you did any fun makeup looks, tag me in those too! I'd love to see!
I'll be back to posting regularly and I have a few reviews coming up as well as a Sephora Haul!
I love you all and thank you again so much for all of the love! I can't tell you how much I adore you guys. Here's to an incredible year!!! xoxoxoxo
❤ — Contact Info:
I’d love to hear from you! <3
Facebook: The Makeup Affair
Pinterest: The Makeup Affair
Feel free to contact me at any time: any skin care/makeup questions, advice, post requests or just to chat!
Business inquiries and product reviews: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include – The Makeup Affair Inquiry – in subject line!*
Thank you for reading! xoxo