"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
- Steve Jobs
A few months ago I was contacted by a company called Kaplan MD and was asked if I'd like to try their Perfect Pout, a lip mask and balm duo that exfoliates, plumps and protects your lips..... You know I immediately said, "YES PLEASE!!!" This is not a sponsored post in any way, I was sent this for free but with no promise of a review or anything. I'm choosing to write this simply because.... I love it!
"22 USDA Certified Organic Extracts: Exclusive combination of 22 organic extracts for exceptional skin nourishing, skin healing, and skin smoothing benefits.
-High and Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid: Kaplan’s exclusive ingredient to quench lips with intense hydration. -Marine Collagen Tri-Peptide: Naturally plumps the look of the lip contour. -Papaya Enzymes: Gently dissolve flaky, chapped skin for a soft, smooth surface; causes a mild tingling sensation."
The same as when I usually do this, I won't list every single ingredient but I will highlight and explain some...
Lip Mask -
- The first ingredient is water, very common in most products!
- c12 - 15 alkyl benzoate - an emollient and thickening agent, common in skincare products and also works with sunscreen agents to help other ingredients blend well together.
- Shea Butter - Super moisturizing, often used in lip balms
- Squalene - an extract of shark liver oil, another emollient and also antioxidant
- Safflower - a lubricant that acts as a protective barrier, holds in moisture, softens, smoothes and soothes skin.
- Rose Geranium - antibiotic-like effects, used in many anti-aging skin care products
- Green Tea Leaf Extract - prevents collagen breakdown, reduces UV damage to the skin, antioxidant ingredients
Lip Balm -
The 3 key ingredients:
- Octinoxate - protects from UV-B rays
- Octisalate - another sunscreen
- Octocrylene - sunscreen that products from UV-B rays and short UV-A rays
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene - a moisturizer and emollient used in replace of mineral oil (mineral oil has been found to be very bad for the skin.)
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate - a derivative of palm oil
- Sunflower Seed Oil - retains moisture, vitamins A, C, D & E.
- Grapefruit Extract - anti-aging benefits
As I said, I couldn't possibly list and explain every ingredient but there are a lot that are beneficial! Definitely chemicals included but that is common for lip plumping agents. I'm glad they include natural ingredients as well.
Presentation is everything. And I was so pleased with how everything is done in this kit. The spatula has a little pouch it comes in, the packaging is beautiful. Everything has it's place. Just opening the box made me smile. It's the little things, really.
Results will vary from person to person! This will add a nice plumpness and fullness to the lips, but don't expect miracles!
You apply a thick layer of the mask using the spatula, all over the lips and 1/2 an inch outside of the lip line as well. If you only apply this to your lips and not outside of it, you won't see as much of a difference. Leave on for 3-5 minutes. You will feel tingling pretty much immediately and also a slight tightening of the lips as time goes on. Wipe away with a tissue or cloth.
After! It's sort of hard to tell in photos but it plumps my lips up quite a bit, they are naturally small so I don't get a dramatic result but it even plumped my upper lip so I'm loving it! It also helps exfoliate the lips a bit as well!
Lastly, you apply the lip balm generously. I absolutely love this balm and would totally purchase it separately! It feels nice on the lips, is super moisturizing and could easily use this as a nighttime lip balm. It also has an SPF of 20!
Kaplan MD's Perfect Pout is now sold at Sephora!! It is $23, an awesome value for how much product you get. The jar looks very small when you first look at it but a little bit goes a long way so it should last quite a while.
I'm really loving this and I think it would be great for anyone, whether you have small lips or are lucky enough to have gorgeous voluptuous ones! As with any lip plumper, if you dislike that tingly feeling, you may want to avoid this.. But it's the first one I've tried that actually works.
*This was sent to me by the company. This post is in no way sponsored, I chose to review this because I genuinely love it! All opinions are - and ALWAYS will be- my own!*
❤ — Contact Info:
I’d love to hear from you! <3
Facebook: The Makeup Affair
Pinterest: The Makeup Affair
Feel free to contact me at any time: any skin care/makeup questions, advice, post requests or just to chat!
Business inquiries and product reviews: email@example.com
*Please include – The Makeup Affair Inquiry – in subject line!*
Thank you for reading! xoxo