Bright Eyes - Under-Eye Mineral Brightener:
"She wants to live freely, and you want to keep her in a cage, but it takes more than a cage to confine a woman with that much passion."
Hey dolls! How are you?
Today's review is one that is really exciting to me because I have a very hard time finding under-eye powders that don't crease or dry out my skin. Setting your concealer under the eyes is a must and this mineral powder can be used alone as a concealer or as a setting powder to really set and ensure that your under-eyes stay flawless and bright.
iamgreenminded reached out to me to review this product and I was intrigued because I've never been a huge fan of mineral makeup. It just doesn't work well for me. But the reviews and ingredients pulled me in and I just had to try it.
It comes in the typical plastic jar, it's very small but it is packed to the rim and you need the tiniest amount so it will last you forever.
You'll also receive a pamphlet that gives you tons of information, describes some of the ingredients and benefits of using this product as well as directions.
The ingredients are listed on the bottom. I'll do my ingredient breakdown that you guys seem to love so much! The technical terms for all ingredients are listed so this will help you to understand what really is in this product! Not as complicated as it may seem with these crazy ingredient names :)
- Mica (77019) - a mineral that provides adhesion and lustre. Commonly used in products for it's subtle reflective properties.
- Titanium Dioxide - naturally occurring; generally used as a pigment and an effective non-chemical sunscreen.
- Zinc Dioxide - also a non-chemical sunscreen; anti-microbial.
- Iron Oxides - inorganic compounds ranging in different shades. Commonly used in cosmetics.
- Boron Nitride - an inorganic compound made from Boron, an essential plant nutrient. Used as a talc substitute, has a sheen, pearly finish and is commonly used in cosmetics.
- Glycyzzrhiza Glabra - Licorice! What a funky name for it, huh? Used as a whitener, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Cucumis Sativus - Cucumber Extract; has a soothing effect on the skin. Amino acids, proteins, lipids and Vit C. Antioxidant and helps to soothe, calm and relieve puffy skin.
- Camellia Sinensis - Green tea extract. Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties make this a commonly used ingredient in skin care and cosmetics.
- Paullinia Cupana - Caffeine; astringent properties, reduces puffiness and creates a smoothing effect.
- Aesulus Hippocastanum - Horse chestnut extract; has proven to lighten dark circles and battle the signs of aging by thickening the skin and strengthening fragile capillaries.
- Olea Europaea - Olive fruit oil; skin conditioning.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides - Sea Buckthorn oil; used to treat skin conditions such as, burns eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, etc. Also effective to help minimize wrinkles and other symptoms of aging skin.
- Rosa Canina - Rosehip oil; composed of Retinol (Vit A) which helps delay effects of skin aging and assist with cell regeneration. Effective against pigmentation and wrinkles.
I hope this helped you to understand what these ingredients really are/mean! Not so scary once it's broken down, right? The ingredients in this are amazing and with prolonged use, can help with dark circles and aging. All ingredients register as 0 on the comedogenicity scale. The lower the number, the less likely the ingredients will clog your pores!
Here is a swatch on my hand. It's a light pale creamy pink and it really does brighten!
I like to use this product in a few different ways. Yes, you can use this alone as a concealer without anything else under/over top (use a brush or damp beauty blender).... But you know we go big or go home around here! I like to apply my typical concealer first, currently it is the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer, blend it out with my Beauty Blender and let it sink and melt into the skin for a few minutes. Then I dip my beauty blender into this brightening powder and pack it on under my eyes. Let it bake for a few minutes and then swipe away any of the excess.
Not only does this brighten under the eyes better than just about any other product I've used, but because it's a finely milled mineral powder, it also sets and STAYS! This will last through an entire workday and still look flawless.
Because of the ingredients, this is said to lighten/brighten the skin over time! I am so impressed and I'll definitely continue using it to see if it really does improve my skin as I use it.
This Under-Eye brightener is $16.99 and can be purchased on iamgreenminded.com!
Check out their site to see all their other products as well. I love the science behind this company and the fact that all products are free of harmful preservatives, oils, fragrances, dyes, etc. They are also all gluten free and NOT tested on animals! For more information, check out their About Us!
Thank you Mary Ellen for reaching out to me and letting me test this out!
*This was sent to me for review. All product reviews are - and ALWAYS will be - my own.*
I’d love to hear from you! <3
Facebook: The Makeup Affair
Pinterest: The Makeup Affair
Feel free to contact me at any time: any skin care/makeup questions, advice, post requests or just to chat!
Business inquiries and product reviews: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include – The Makeup Affair Inquiry – in subject line!*
Thank you for reading! xoxo.